Position: Grants, Finance and Administration Manager
Grants, Finance and Administration Manager
Base Salary: $45,000
The Sexual Assault Resource Agency (SARA) is a 501(c)3 non-profit agency and is the only comprehensive rape crisis and prevention center in our area. We serve individuals and communities in the City of Charlottesville and the counties of Albemarle, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa, and Nelson. We work with child and adult survivors of all genders, as well as friends and family of survivors of any kind of sexual violence. For more information, visit www.saracville.org
The Grants, Finance and Administration Manager is responsible for the day-to-day administrative and accounting responsibilities of the organization. The successful candidate will manage the agency in the following areas: finance, grants administration, human resources, and IT/vendor relations.
Grant & Financial Management
- Manage payroll and accounts payable, ensuring they are paid in a timely and accurate manner;
- Oversee foundation and government grant financial management and manage government grant drawdowns;.
- Responsible for processing new employees, including completion of payroll and employment paperwork, background checks, and appropriate benefit applications.
- Responsible for orienting new employees to the office, including distribution of personnel handbook.
- Maintain employee records, including time sheets, leave documentation, and training records.
- Collect payroll and leave information on a twice monthly basis for submission to accountant.
- Liaise with benefits provider to assist in open enrollment and new employee enrollment.
- Serve as administrator for Microsoft Office; set up email accounts, liaise with IT vendor
- Ideally a BA, ideally with specific accounting and bookkeeping training
- Professional experience; ideally three-plus years of broad financial and operations management experience
- A track record in grants management, especially federal and state grants
- Proficient with Quickbooks Online
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with — programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
- Technology savvy with experience managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of SARA
Familiarity with grants from the following government agencies a plus:
- Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services
- Virginia Department of Health
- U.S. Department of Justice: Office of Violence Against Women